Friday, September 3, 2010

Kynleigh's nap time

Today was Kynleigh's first time to take a nap in her own bed. In the past when we have laid her down in her crib it does not last but a couple of minutes before she wakes up or notices that she is not in a familiar place.

From the day we brought Kynleigh home from the hospital she has slept in the bed with us. We even tried the bassinet by the bed when she was small enough and no luck with that either. Everyone has expressed their own opinions to Bo and I about her sleeping with us. I understand that it can't be the best thing and a baby/child needs to sleep in their own bed. There are a couple reasons why it is difficult for Kynleigh to transition to her crib.

One reason is that I can't stand her hear her cry (and she never stops). A couple of months ago she fell off of our bed (good thing there is carpet in our room). After that Bo and I decided that she needed to start sleeping in her crib. I set up the video monitor and I just knew it was going to work. She was in a deep sleep but, not even a couple of minutes after I laid her down that was it! I didn't give up so soon, I let her cry for a while and tried putting her to sleep a couple of times after that.

Another reason is that I love to sleep with her. Especially when Bo is not at home. She is my sleeping buddy. Just knowing she is there right by my side, safe and sound puts me at peace. I love waking up to her smiling face, giggles and sparkling big eyes as she pulls my hair and says "Da Da Da"! I know these days are coming to an end and the older she gets the more we are going to want her in her own bed but, for now I am loving her as my bed partner. Bo, on the other hand not so much. Last time he was home I don't think there was room for all 3 of us in the bed because Kynleigh sleeps so crazy! We sold her pack and play since she was growing out of it and we only used it to take naps anyway. I figured now is a good time to start laying her in her bed for nap time then maybe it will transition to bedtime! (One day. LOL)



She fills our lives with sunshine and hearts with love!


0 comments:

Post a Comment